Per State of Michigan, pursuant to Public Act 121, MCL 801.4b, each person booked into the Grand Traverse County Correctional Facility is required to pay a $12 booking fee. Failure to pay this citation within 7 days of release from the Grand Traverse County Jail will result in the citation being turned over to the District Court for collections and may result issuance of a warrant and extra fines and costs.
Booking fee payments are accepted in the jail lobby, M-F, 8:00 am-4:00 pm and must be EXACT CASH (we do not make change) or you can mail payment to: 320 Washington St., Traverse City, MI 49684 or pay by Credit Card at by clicking here.
Michigan Public Act 118 of 1984, MCL. 801.81, The Prisoner Reimbursement to the County Act, allows County jails to seek reimbursement for housing and expenses from inmates. Inmates are required to reimburse the County of Grand Traverse for a portion of the cost of their housing while incarcerated. This law, more commonly known as, "The Prisoner Reimbursement to the County Act", allows counties to charge up to $60.00 per day for room and board in addition to any expenses the inmate may incur while incarcerated.
* Grand Traverse County Correctional Facility currently charges $40.00 for the first day of incarceration and $20.00 for each additional day for housing.
* Jail Fees are NOT included in court fines and costs. Jail fees are completely separate and must be paid to the jail and not the courts.
* Housing fees could be assessed and billed after an inmate has been released.
* A minimum payment of $25 is required within 30 days of being released. A payment plan is available by calling the Collections Department at (231) 922-4539.
* Failure to pay jail fees may result in the debt being forwarded to a collections agency or may result in the Grand Traverse County Correctional Facility taking legal action.
* Other fees including but not limited to, Medical, ID Band, Intake Kits, etc. may also be charged to inmate accounts accordingly.
* All Jail Fees can be paid with credit card here, or made at the jail lobby M-F, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, or mailed to: 320 Washington St., Traverse City, MI 49684